15th September 2015
We simply couldn’t exist without electricity, but sometimes what keeps us going can also be a threat as this summary of a recent callout demonstrates.
We received a call from a domestic client who informed us that they had received an electrical shock when they touched a metal sink. We confirmed to the client that we would be there within the hour. Upon arrival we discovered that there was a fault with the main earthing conductor coming into the property from the street, which in turn was sending a current around all the copper pipe work, shower heads, metal sinks, washing machine doors, etc within the property. Had anyone touched any of the metal or copper piping within the property they could have received a potentially lethal electrical shock.
It goes without saying that this fault was incredibly dangerous and could have resulted in a serious injury or even a fatality if it hadn’t been fixed. We informed the client that we had no real option but to isolate the complete electrical system to the house. We were then able to guide the client through what to do next and liaised with the electrical supplier to identify the fault, update them on the action we had taken to isolate the supply and to request that a generator be temporally provided to power the house’s electrical system.
We remained in close communication with the client while the fault was being rectified – in the end, the road was dug up and the main electrical cable to the house was repaired. Upon completion of the repair work, we attended site again to undertake a series of tests to ensure that the electrical system was all safe and OK to use again.
At MS Electrical we take electrical safety incredibly seriously and regularly go the extra mile to help our clients when things go wrong. Should you have any concerns at all about your fuse box, wiring or electrical supply, please contact us to arrange a fixed wire testing appointment.
We have been extremely pleased with the service provided by MS Electrical. In all our dealings with them they have proven to be efficient, reliable and a pleasure to deal with. We would not hesitate to recommend their services.
Cambridge Property Lettings
14th September 2018
10th September 2018
23rd August 2018
2 in 3 Brits would have a go at electrical DIY in the home instead of using a professional.